- This event has passed.
Empowering During COVID-19: Special Education Webinar
June 30 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree
Webinar June 30th 7:00 p.m., “Empowering Parents During COVID-19: Special Education”
– Attorney Lawrence Berliner, CT Special Education Law, Guilford & Westport, CT
-Jane Faherty, Director of the Stamford JCC JumpStart Program
-Meghan Cave, Co-Founder, BCBA, LBA, The Hangout Spot LLC, Fairfield County CT & Online
Please register here: https://bit.ly/30QWZt3
The Social Impact of COVID-19 on Children
• Your child’s basic special educational rights at this time
• PPT Meeting: How and When to obtain a PPT meeting
• Parent’s role: How to Observe and Document your child’s educational performance at home
• Compensatory Education and Strategies when school reopens
•Strategies for supporting children’s social success and navigating next steps
Co-hosted with the Stamford JCC (Stamford, Connecticut).
Email your questions for the Q&A to Rachel Berliner at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a community of concerned parents and we are all learning how to connect in order to get through these difficult times together. In the coming weeks ahead, Attorney Lawrence Berliner will be moderating a series of webinars with guests, to address this unprecedented environment of distance learning and its impact upon your child’s special education. We will discuss new strategies, special ed law issues as they evolve, address your questions and frustrations, and hopefully some successes, too.