[The following was submitted by New Canaan Police Chief Leon Krolikowski.]
Each and every day the men and women of the New Canaan Police Department protect and serve our town with great distinction.
On November 11, Veterans Day, we honor those who pledged to protect and serve our great country-our Veterans. Veterans Day honors the service and sacrifice of those who have served in the U.S. Military.
I want to recognize the following Department members whom have served in our military and continue to serve our town:
- Lieutenant Bill Ferri-U.S. Army
- Lieutenant Jim George-U.S. Army
- Lieutenant Dave Ferris-U.S. Army
- Officer Kevin Dowling-U.S. Marine Corps
- Officer Geoff Lambert- U.S. Marine Corps
- Officer Roy Adams-Connecticut Army National Guard
- Officer Aaron LaTourette-U.S. Marine Corps
- Officer Bryan Connolly-U.S. Coast Guard
- Officer Rex Sprosta-U.S. Marine Corps
- Officer Matt Marzano-U.S. Marine Corps
- Officer Mike McFadden-U.S. Navy and New York Air National Guard
- Officer Chris Dewey-U.S. Army and New York Army National Guard
- Officer Stephan Tam-U.S. Army National Guard
- Officer David Rivera-U.S. Air Force
Often our officers are not properly recognized for the great work they do each and every day. Of the approximately 16,000 incidents that our officers handle each year, some of these incidents are violent and put our officers in harm’s way. Yet, our officers consistently handle these incidents with great skill, bravery and dedication.
When you see our officers, thank them for what they do, the risks that they take, and the way in which they so professionally “protect and serve” our Town.
When you see our officers whom are Veterans, thank them for their service to our country and to our town.
To all New Canaan Veterans: thank you for your bravery, service, sacrifice, selflessness and love of country. We can never repay the debt we owe to you but we will never forget.
Chief of Police