Every day the men and women of the New Canaan Police Department protect and serve our Town with great distinction.
On November 11, Veterans Day, we honor those who pledged to protect and serve our great country-our Veterans. Veterans Day honors the service and sacrifice of those who have served in the U.S. Military.
I want to recognize the following Department members who have served in our military and continue to serve our Town:
- Lieutenant Jim George-U.S. Army
- Sergeant Aaron LaTourette-U.S. Marine Corps
- Officer Geoff Lambert- U.S. Marine Corps
- Officer Roy Adams-Connecticut Army National Guard
- Officer Bryan Connolly-U.S. Coast Guard
- Officer Rex Sprosta-U.S. Marine Corps
- Officer Matt Marzano-U.S. Marine Corps
- Officer Chris Dewey-U.S. Army and New York Army National Guard
- Officer David Rivera-U.S. Air Force
- Officer Matthew Blank- Connecticut Army Air National Guard
- Officer Own Ochs- U.S. Army
Often our officers are not adequately recognized for the great and at times dangerous work that they do. Annually, our officers handle thousands of calls for service and some of these calls are violent, which put our officers in harm’s way. Yet, without fail our officers consistently handle these incidents with great compassion, skill, bravery, and dedication.
When you see our officers, thank them for what they do, the risks that they take, and how they so professionally “protect and serve” our Town.
When you see our officers who are Veterans, thank them for their service to our country and our Town.
To all New Canaan Veterans: thank you for your bravery, service, sacrifice, selflessness, and love of country. We can never repay the debt we owe to you, and we will never forget.
Chief of Police