New Canaan Now & Then: Bob’s Sports
The holidays are a perfect time to remember the quintessential small town store, Bob’s Sports, which occupied 91 Park Street for decades. Bob’s Sports opened in New Canaan in 1951, taking over the former home of Harry Groher. The property was modified to include a black top driveway that could accommodate twenty cars. The original store sold sporting goods and “country wear” for the whole family. Robert E. Mallozzi hosted an open house for his new patrons on September 5th, cementing the store’s place in the community with its merchandise and genial sales staff.