I’ll be off for two weeks starting Monday, Aug. 6, including one week of a “staycation” that will include downtime at Zumbach’s and leisurely shopping excursions to Franco’s and Walter Stewart’s, among other places.
There’s no Community Coffee this month, but we’ll resume our get-together at New Canaan Library on Thursday, Sept. 6. Our daily newsletter will continue to run through these two weeks, with plenty of content supplied by our super summer intern, Catherine Gorey.
Until Aug. 20, please send all news tips, letters, obituaries and announcements to guest editor Chandra Johnson-Greene, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you so much for reading NewCanaanite.com.
This has been a banner year for the site, highlighted by the Forum on Public Buildings in April—presented in partnership with the town, New Canaan Historical Society and New Canaan Preservation Alliance—milestones such as 5,000 articles and 5 million pageviews and some great coverage by the hyperlocal news industry. Traffic so far this year is up 9.5 percent over 2017. Our top-5 most read articles so far in 2018 are:
- Mountain Lion Seen on Nursery Road in New Canaan
- ‘We Would Have To Move Our Business’: Local Business Owners on the Prospect of Reduced Rail Service to New Canaan
- ‘He Took Care of People’: Classmates, Friends Remember 1993 New Canaan High School Graduate Robert M. Amen Jr.
- ‘He Was a Quintessential Rink Rat’: Hockey Community Honors Nico Mallozzi
- ‘Upper Crust Bagels’ To Open in Former Bruegger’s Space in New Canaan
For readers who have not yet signed up for our free daily newsletter—it includes all of our articles plus news bulletins and event listings—you may do so here. Also, consider following us on Facebook.