- This event has passed.
Forum on Public Buildings
Thursday, April, 26, 2018 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pmFree
The New Canaan Historical Society, New Canaan Preservation Alliance, Town of New Canaan and NewCanaanite.com are co-sponsoring the “Forum on Public Buildings,” to be held 6:30 to 9 p.m. on Thursday, April 26.
The event will start with a 30-minute coffee outside the Town Meeting Room at Town Hall. The forum itself, to run 7 to 9 p.m., is a chance for residents to address, put questions to and hear from decision-makers and experts in our local government on what’s happening with several public buildings whose future use, ownership and in some cases, existence, is now under discussion. Those buildings include:
- Waveny House
- Irwin House
- Former Outback Teen Center
- Vine Cottage
- Irwin Barn
- John Engel, Town Council chairman
- Kevin Moynihan, first selectman
- Penny Young, member, Town Council; co-chair, Town Building Evaluation & Use Committee; co-chair, Town Council Infrastructure and Utilities/Public Works Committee
- Amy Murphy Carroll, member, Board of Finance; co-chair, Town Building Evaluation & Use Committee
- Cristina A. Ross, member, Town Council; co-chair, Town Council Infrastructure and Utilities/Public Works Committee
The panel will be co-moderated by Mark Markiewicz, president of the New Canaan Historical Society’s Board of Governors; Charles Robinson, member of the NCPA Board of Directors; and Michael Dinan, editor of the New Canaanite.
To prepare our readers ahead of the forum and make best use of the time, info-sheets on the buildings listed above, and others, will be published on NewCanaanite.com starting April 16. Those eager to get more in-depth should look at the report from the Town Building Evaluation and Use Committee.
Questions for panelists may be submitted in advance using this form: