The town on Oct. 31 received an application to build a new 4,100-square-foot house on Main Street.
The four-bedroom house at 539 Main St. would include three full bathrooms and a half-bath, according to a building permit application filed with the New Canaan Building Department.
A 1950-built, 2,356-square-foot home has been standing on the half-acre parcel, tax records show. The town issued a demolition permit Oct. 30, according to online building records.
The property had been owned by the same family since 1960 until last month, when it was purchased for $560,000 by a limited liability company whose principals include a Stamford developer.
The contractor on the job is Stamford-based JFC Real Estate Development, according to the application, and the architect is Westport’s H C McConnell Engineering LLC.