Camp LiveGirl brought together 50 middle school girls from Bridgeport, Stamford, and New Canaan. The camp facilitated bonding in a diverse, team-based environment through sports and leadership activities. Senior executive women provided mentoring and reinforced the LiveGirl motto: “I am smart. I am strong. I am special.”
Creating something new requires vision and extraordinary support, which we received from the following businesses/individuals:
- CT Sandwich, Oxygen, Walter Stewart’s, Nielsen, Hunsinger Family—donated lunch/supplies
- Meg Domino & New Canaan CARES—a passionate partner who customized and taught a leadership curriculum for middle school girls
- Ellie Aliapoulios, Camaren Dayton, Abi Farley, Kendall Genzburg, Olivia Hunsinger, Katie Kurz, Grace Manges, Isabella Savini—amazing high school students who volunteered their time & served as camp leaders
- Andrea Chalon, Johnny Ostendorf & Mike Wilson—donated video/ photography services
- NCHS, Jay Egan, many coaches, instructors, speakers—provided essential support
The list of names is long and serves as a true testament to the character of our community.
By all accounts, Camp LiveGirl was a tremendous success. The girls quickly bonded and were fully engaged while trying new sports, making new friends, and building their leadership skills.
One girl wrote on our camp blog: “I had the best week ever! I learned to stay healthy, believe in myself, show the real me, and not let the past bother the present.” —Mariyah Dominguez, Bridgeport
To learn more, please visit www.goLiveGirl.com.
Founder & Director, LiveGirl