The entire slate of candidates endorsed by the Republican Town Committee was endorsed by a Republican voters caucus held Monday night. The caucus for Democrats is scheduled to be held tonight, Tuesday, July 23.
“Honored beyond words to be nominated to serve a 5th term as Darien’s First Selectman along with an exceptional team of dedicated board and commission volunteers!” First Selectman Jayme Stevenson tweeted at 7:59 p.m. with a picture of many of the candidates.
Unless individual candidates face a primary (which would be triggered by a petition campaign), here’s the GOP slate for the Nov. 5 election:
- Jayme J. Stevenson for First Selectman;
- Charles Alfred (“Kip”) Koons Jr., and Christa S. McNamara for Selectmen;
- Caryn Diller for Town Clerk;
- Joan D. Hendrickson for Town Treasurer;
- Kathleen M. Larkins for Tax Collector;
- Taylor W. Carter and James Palen for Board of Finance;
- Dorothy J. McCammon and John R. Sini Jr., for Board of Education;
- Richard P. Dolcetti for Board of Assessment Appeals;
- Cara Gately and Larry Thomas Warble Jr., for Planning & Zoning Commission; and
- Louis J. Calastro and Alan T. Hyatt Jr. for Constables.
Darien’s Democratic caucus will be held in Room 119 in Town Hall (2 Renshaw Road) at 5:30 p.m. tonight, Tuesday, July 23. All registered Darien Democrats can participate.