On behalf of the Family Fourth Committee, I would like to thank all who supported the 39th Annual New Canaan Family Fourth Celebration at Waveny Park by purchasing an entrance pass and attending this Independence Day celebration. Your financial support makes this great New Canaan tradition possible; whether you drove in or walked in, thank you for buying an entrance pass and supporting the event.
The fireworks show was spectacular. It was another memorable 4th of July celebration….an outstanding evening of family fun, wonderful music, great food and a fantastic fireworks display.
We offer a big thank you to the New Canaan Family Fourth volunteer Committee—Robin Bates-Mason, Steve Benko, Scott Cluett, Chris Cody, Wendy Dixon Fog, Win Goodrich, Sue Holland, Suzanne Jonker, Steve Parrett, Doug Richardson, Andrew Walsh, Maria Weingarten and Pat Wood—as well as all of the following. The show could not have gone on without their endless energy, hard work and commitment:
- Fire Department and Fire Marshal
- Police Department and Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- New Canaan EMS
- Master of Ceremonies Dan Taylor
- Town Band and Mind the Gap Band
- Kidz on the Go soft-play activity centers
- The gourmet food trucks and vendors
- The Exchange Club of New Canaan
- Our special benefactors
- Town Parking, Parks, Public Works, Recreation and Information Technology Departments
- All of the volunteers who worked from early morning, to very late at night, to set up and take down the necessary infrastructure and equipment.
As usual, the Police and CERT volunteers did a wonderful job handling the traffic flow; the parking area was empty about 40 minutes after the fireworks ended. And I offer special kudos, as always, to our Recreation Staff, led by Steve Benko, Bill Kapp, and Steve Dayton for their tireless efforts in creating a quintessential 4th of July celebration and to Public Works and Parks Departments for the preparation of Waveny Park and clean-up afterwards.
A special thank you to Walter Stewart’s Market, the New Canaan Toy Store, Baskin-Robbins, Gates Restaurant, Recreation Department and the Town Clerk for selling entrance passes, and to the local print and on-line papers for getting the word out about the event.
Please send any comments, thoughts and suggestions for next year to me at Town Hall.
Tom Stadler, Chairman, New Canaan Family Fourth Committee